Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New type of fishing

It's final now. I'm leaving the fishing paradise of the Wasatch mountains in Utah and will be moving to the Houston area. I'm going to miss the clear streams up here along with trout in lakes. It's bass, catfish, and sea critters for me now. I am close enough to the coast now that I'll be doing lots of saltwater fishing. I've never fly fished in the ocean, but I've heard it's hard to beat.

There is one trout stream in Texas, the Guadalupe River. It's maintained by the largest TU group in the country so when I went a few years back, there were people everywhere. But it is trout fishing in Texas so I'll likely join that huge group.

On Friday, I'll be in Colorado (driving to Texas). I'm stopping at the Roaring Fork river outside Vail for some fly fishing Colorado style. I don't know what to expect.

No comments: